DAWSON’S BOOK SHOP
Antiquarian Booksellers since 1905
535 NORTH LARCHMONT BLVD. LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90004; : (213) 469-2186:
Price List, 1993
BAJA CALIFORNIA TRAVELS SERIES
Volumes in the Collection of Norman K. Christie
1. Journey of James H. Bull, Baja California, October 1843 to January,1844.
Edited by Doyce Nunis, Jr. $30.00
2. Lower California Frontier: Articles from the San Diego Union, 1870. Edited by Florence Shipek. $30.00
4. The Pearl Hunters in the Gulf of California 1668. By Fr. Juan Cavallero Carranco.
Translated by W. Michael Mathes. $36.00
5. Wenceslaus Linck’s Diary of His 1766 Expedition to Northern Baja California.
Translated, edited by Ernest Burrus, S.J. $50.00
6. The Republic of Lower California 1753-1754 in the words of its state papers, and eyewitnesses.
By Arthur Woodward. $36.00
7. The Natural & Human History of Baja California, from manuscripts by Jesuit missionaries.
Translated and edited by Homer Aschmann. $50.00
8. The Rush of ‘89: The Baja California Gold Fever. By Richard Lingenfelter. $30.00
10. Informe on the New Province of California, 1702. By Francisco Maria Piccolo.
Translated and edited by George Hammond. $30.00
11. The Missions and Missionaries of Baja California: An Historical Perspective. By Francis J. Weber. $50.00
12. The Autobiography of Delfina Cuero, a Diegueno Indian, as told to Florence C. Shipek. $36.00
13. Indian Art and History: The Testimony of Prehispanic Rock Paintings. By Clement W. Meighan. $200.00
14. The Filibusters of 1890. Edited by Anna Marie Hager. $30.00
15. The Apostolic Life of Fernando Consag, explorer of Lower California.
By Francisco Zevallos. Translated and annotated by Manuel Servin. $36.00
16. First from the Gulf to the Pacific: The Diary of the Kino-Atondo Peninsular Expedition, 1684-1685.
By W. Michael Mathes. $50.00
17. Jose Joaquin Arillaga’s Diary of his Surveys of the Frontier, 1796.
Translated by Froylan Tiscareno, edited by John Robinson. $30.00
18. The Capture of the Santa Ana, Cabo San Lucas, November, 1587.
Translated and edited by W. Michael Mathes. $50.00
20. Kaigai Ibun. Translated by Richard Zumwinkle, assisted by Tadanobu Kawai. $30.00
21. Journal Aboard the Bark Ocean Bird on a Whaling Voyage to Scammon’s Lagoon, Winter of 1858-1859.
By Charles Scammon $50.00
22. Letter of Luis Jayme, O.F.M., San Diego, October 17, 1772.
Translated and edited by Maynard Geiger, O.F.M. $30.00
23. The Baja California Travels of Charles Russell Orcutt. By Helen DuShane. $36.00
24. Sketches of a Journey on the Two Oceans and to the Interior of America. By the Abbe Henry-J. A. Alric.
Edited by Doyce B. Nunis, Jr. $30.00
25. Selected Letters About Lower California. By Juan Maria de Salvatierra, S.J.
Translated and annotated by Ernest J. Burrus, S.J. $75.00
26. Historical Notes on Lower California, with some relative to Upper California. By Manuel C. Rojo. $75.00
27. The Drawings of lgnacio Tirsch, a Jesuit Missionary in Baja California.
Narrative by Doyce Nunis, Jr. $30.00
28. The Adventure of Stickeen in Lower California, 1874. By John F. Janes.
Edited by Anna Marie Hager. $36.00
31. The Conquistador in California, 1535: The Voyage of Fernando Cortes to Baja California.
Translated and edited by W. Michael Mathes. $50.00
32. Baja California: Jewish Refuge and Homeland. By Norton Stern. $30.00
34. Travelers Among the Cucapa. By Anita Alvarez de Wiliams. $30.00
35. Geographic and Hydrographic Descriptions of…the Kingdom of California (1632).
By Nicolas de Cardona. Translated and edited by W. Michael Mathes. $18.00
36. El Picacho del Diablo. By Norman Clyde. Ed. by John Robinson. $50.00
37. Royal Officer in Baja California 1768 – 1770: Joaquin Velazquez de Leon. By Iris Engstrand. $50.00
38. Hardly Any Fences. By John W. Hilton. $30.00
39. The Mexican War in Baja California. The Memorandum of Captain Henry W. Halleck.
Introduced and edited by Doyce B. Nunis, Jr. $24.00
40. Cattle Brands of Baja California Sur. By W Michael Mathes $18.00
41. English Privateers at Cabo San Lucas. Descriptive accounts by Edward Cooke and Woodes Rogers et al.
Edited by Thomas F. Andrews. $36.00
42. Clemente Guillen, Explorer of the South, 1719 -1721.
Translated and edited by W. Michael Mathes. $18.00
43. The Natural History of Baja California. By Miguel del Barco, S.J.
Translated by Froylan Tiscareno. Introduction by Miguel Leon-Portilla. $50.00
44. Ethnology and Linguistics of Baja California. By Miguel del Barco, S.J.
Translated by Froylan Tiscareno. Introduction by Miguel Leon-Portilla. $30.00
45. The Letters of Jacob Baegert, 1749-1761. Translated by Elsbeth Schulz-Bischof.
Introduced and edited by Doyce B. Nunis, Jr. $36.00
47. Jesuit Relations, Baja California, 1716-1762.
Translated and edited with an introduction by Ernest J. Burrus, S.J. $60.00
48. Xantus, The Letters of John Xantus to Spencer Fullerton Baird, 1859-1861.
Introduction, notes and illustrations by Ann H. Zwinger. $60.00
49. Baja California Railways. By John A. Kirchner. $30.00
50. Baja California Travels Series, General Index, Volumes 1 – 49. By Anna Marie and Everett Gordon Hager,
compiled and edited by Eligio Moises Coronado. Introduction by W. Michael Mathes. $50.00
51. Modest Fortures, Mining in Northern Baja California. By Donald Chaput, William M. Mason and
David Zarate Loperena. Published by the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. $75.00